Sunday, September 1, 2024

READING WRAPUP: August 2024

 

Top Row: Graphic Novels (all 3 🌟)
🌻 Blood on the Tracks vols. 14 & 15 - The saga continues with this strange mother and son relationship.
🌻 Saga vol. 11 - This saga, too, continues.

Favorite Read This Month (5 🌟)
🌻 Scam Goddess* - entertaining and hilarious. I've been a fan of Laci Mosely's podcast of the same name since pre-pandemic days. It was such a fun read!!

Reads I Really Enjoyed (4 🌟)
🌻 The Great Divide by Cristina Henriquez
🌻 On Black Sisters Street by Chika Unigwe
🌻 Becoming Nigerian by Elnathan John
🌻 Frying Plantain by Zalika Reid-Benta 
🌻 My Name is Barbra by Barbra Streisand


Reads That Were Okay
(3 🌟)
🌻 They Dream in Gold* - a good story, but I was expecting a bit more.
🌻 Navigate Your Stars
🌻 Sex, Cult, Nun
🌻 Meridon - final installment in The Wildacre Trilogy 
🌻 August Blue


Reads That Were Just Bad
(2 🌟)
🌻 Sure I'll Join Your Cult - how the author looks on the cover is how I felt reading this - gibberish.
🌻 The Very Final Last Girls

* An advance copy of the audiobook was provided by #NetGalley for an honest opinion. See previous posts for reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment