Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 Reading Women Challenge

The 2020 Reading Women Challenge starts today.

This challenge was created and is hosted by the Reading Women. I found out about it from their podcast of the same name. A great entertaining podcast by the way.  The goal of this challenge is to read books written by or about women, i.e. books not written by men.


I think is a great challenge that will allow me to get through the books I have wanted to read, as well as discover new ones. I am excited about new genres and women authors that I may not have wanted to read before.  Check out the books that I have lined up for the challenge here
Image courtesy of readingwomenpodcast.com

I am starting January off with the two longest (I have a whole year) and shortest books.

Longest at 1462 pages is The Inheritance Trilogy by N.K. Jemisin. This will satisfy prompts #7 & #17.

The second-longest at 1094 is Daughters of Africa, an anthology edited by Margaret Busby. Note this is the original anthology. I will move on to the new anthology next year. This will satisfy prompt #8.

The shortest book on my list is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's We Should All Be Feminists at 52 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment